1. Exit Zero Jazz Festival. April 21, 22, & 23. Enjoy an all-day festival with multiple venues throughout Cape May. This multi-venue festival offers three full days of live performances staged in the Schmidtchen Theater, the Cape May Convention Hall and in the clubs of Cape May. There will be a wide array of jazz and other genres of music performed throughout the weekend. The festival will feature great musical artists such as Maceo Parker, the Ray Charles Orchestra, Robert Glasper Experiment, NeTTWork Trio, Charnette Moffett, the Freddie Hendrix 4tet, gypsy jazz violinist Daisy Castro and many more.
2. The Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Festival. Thursday, April 13, 7:30 p.m., Dennis Flyer Theater, Blackwood. After 32 years of success in Hawaii, the Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Festival comes to New Jersey for a concert at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden County College. Presented by the Mainstage Center For The Arts, the festival will feature Hawaii’s prominent artists Ikaika Brown with Kevin Brown, Blayne Asing, Stephen Inglis, Michael Keale, Chris Lau, and Harry Soria, along with local artists Bill Wynne and the Aloha Boys.. The festival has been dubbed one of 50 “must-see” events in America today by Acoustic Guitar Magazine.
3. Springtime Surprise. Saturday, April 15, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Coombs Barnyard, Elmer. This year's spring event at Coombs Barnyard will be an egg and veggie hunt! Come visit the barnyard for hayrides, animals, barrel train rides, egg decorating stations, the Easter Bunny, gardening time, a agricultural education station, and participate in an egg and veggie hunt!
4. Plein Air Painting Exhibit Reception. Saturday, April 15, 2 to 5 p.m. The Gallery at Whitesbog, Browns Mills. Step into The Gallery at Whitesbog for their Plein Air art exhibition focusing on open air paintings made by local artists. The reception is open to the public and is a great opportunity to meet the artists and socialize. The Whitesbog Art Gallery is a brand new members gallery space created to connect local South Jersey artists with Whitesbog Village's history, buildings and landscape.
5. Vineyard & Winery Tour. Saturday, April 15. 1 to 2 p.m., Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery, Rio Grande. Embark on an enlightening tour of Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery. Taste through their wines as your guide leads you through every step of the wine making process from the vineyard to the vast steel tanks and French oak barrels. Discover what makes each wine unique and how their wine maker achieves every flavor and aroma. Learn the history of Hawk Haven while you sip. The tour concludes with a selection of gourmet cheeses to enjoy on the vineyard view crush pad or inside depending on the weather.
6. Easter Weekend on the Battleship. April 14, 15 and 16. All-day Battle Ship New Jersey, Camden Waterfront. Join the Battleship for this special tour. Kids exploring the Battleship will get Easter candy as they experience a walk-up tour of the Battleship.
For more South Jersey events, visit www.visitsj.org