HAMMONTON – The primary election for Hammonton Town Council will be missing the suspense of last year's vote.
Town Republicans had a choice of six candidates to choose from in 2014 when the party split into two factions, however, with a united party, three candidates run unopposed this year.
Current councilman Mickey Pullia, Joe Giralo and Otto Hernandez are the three Republican candidates in the primary, which will be held June 2.
The lone Democrat in the primary is Rocky Colasurdo, a former councilman for both the Republicans and Hammonton First parties.
Hammonton First candidates, who run as Independents, are expected to announce their candidacy for the General Election at 5 p.m. on May 31 at DiDonato's Family Fun Center, 1151 S. White Horse Pike.
The polls for the primary open at 6 a.m. on June 2 and close at 8 p.m. The polling places are:
• District1 – Disabled American Veterans – 446 South Egg Harbor Road
• District 2 – American Legion – 101 French St.
• District 3 – Hammonton Fire Company No. 2 – 51 N. White Horse Pike
• District 4 – Meadows Condo Club House – 1 Jamestown Blvd. (off Pleasant Mills Road)
• District 5 – Hammonton Canoe Club – 100 Sports Drive
• District 6 – Mount Carmel Society – 14 Tilton St.
• District 7 – Hammonton Fire Company No. 1 – 100 Passmore Ave.