Skip in Skip
x

Embed

x
CLOSE

A university acted on new statistics that half its students skipped at least one meal in the Spring 2016 semester because they couldn't afford it. Carly Q. Romalino

This is a developing story and will be updated as details become available.

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

GLASSBORO - A Rowan University dorm room suffered water and smoke damage after a Friday morning fire, according to university officials.

No students were injured in a first-floor fire in Mimosa Hall that broke out about 11:15 a.m. and was under control by 11:45 a.m., according to university spokesman Joe Cardona.

ALSO:Dozens sickened after gas leak at Glassboro school

Heavy smoke was reported in the building and heavy smoke showed from a window of the dorm room.

The fire started in a corner of a room and was quickly put out with a sprinkler, Cardona said.

Six students living in the dorm suite where the fire occurred will be relocated to empty rooms on campus, the spokesman added.

As of 12:45 p.m., all students were allowed back into the building except students living on the first floor.

Carly Q. Romalino; (856) 486-2476; cromalino@gannettnj.com

LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://on.cpsj.com/2p9WLHs