Storm cleanup continues
HAMMONTON – It is abundantly clear that Hammonton was hit very hard by the powerful June 23 storm. Almost every home, business and resident of the town was impacted. To expedite the clean-up efforts, the Town of Hammonton, through its Public Works Committee, has authorized the Highway Department to work 10-hour shifts along with the following actions:
• The 8th Street Convenience Station will be open every Friday in July from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for brush drop off only. Bulky items will not be accepted on these Fridays.
• Street sweeping will be on a continuous rotation until all of the curbside debris has been picked up.
• Curbside bulky pickup has been suspended for the month of July to focus on brush removal.
• Residents are urged to move brush to the curbside until July 31. We request that curbside brush not block sidewalks and walkways.
• The 8th Street Convenience Station will be open on Saturdays for brush and bulky drop off. Beginning on Aug. 15, the station will resume normal operations, with Saturday only hours from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
More information will be posted and updated on the town's website, www.townofhammonton.org and the municipal cable channel 9. Call (609) 567-4300, ext. 101 with any questions.
"I would like to thank the State of New Jersey, Atlantic County, NJDOT and the Hammonton Board of Education for their assistance in our efforts. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this difficult time," said Hammonton Mayor Steve DiDonato.