Autumn a busy time at the Hammonton library
HAMMONTON – After a busy and exciting summer, the Hammonton Branch of the Atlantic County Library System is continuing the fun this Fall with a variety of events and activities for people of all ages.
• On Thursday, Sept. 6, Retirees are encouraged to stop by the library for the Retired Senior Volunteer Program. The program is hosted by Jewish Family Services and is aimed at helping retirees find a volunteer position that is just right for them. The program is from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., registration is requested. Program is for retirees 55 and up.
• On Wednesday, Sept. 12, the library will be hosting a storytime that will be a little different from ones most have experienced before: Storytime with Blossom the Therapy Chicken. Join Blossom the Chicken for barnyard-themed stories and craft. The program starts at 7 p.m., registration is requested.
• On Wednesday, Sept. 26, the funny farm comes to town during Storytime with Farley The Funny Farm Dog. The program is an opportunity to learn about the Funny Farm Animal Sanctuary and of course, a story. The program starts at 6:30 p.m., registration is requested.
• September also sees the start of the weekly Learning Readiness program and the Preschool Learning Readiness program. Both programs will include stories, crafts, snacks, and games. They are suggested for ages 3-5. Registration is requested.
• The Learning Readiness program will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 11 and run through December 11. Program starts at 10 a.m.
• Preschool Learning Readiness will begin on Thursday, Sept. 13 and run until Dec. 13. Program starts at 10:30 a.m.
• On Wednesday, Oct. 3, get in the mood for fall with a mini faux pumpkin craft. The craft is open to all ages and all materials are provided. The craft begins at 6:30 p.m., registration is requested.
• On Wednesday, Oct. 17, prepare to be spooked as you listen to ghost stories during a Halloween Stories and Craft. You can also make your very own puffy ghost to go along with your Halloween décor. All materials are provided and registration is kindly requested. Begins at 6:30 p.m.
These are just a few of the events that will be taking places at the Hammonton library this fall. For more information, please visit: www.atlanticlibrary.org.
All dates and times are subject to change.