Fall events sure to keep you busy
ATLANTIC COUNTY - While the summer months offer numerous activities and events under the sun, the hot and humid conditions outside may lead many people to seek the shade or air conditioning inside. However, the cooler temperatures of fall offer the relief from the heat many families seek to allow them to enjoy the many events offered throughout Atlantic County during the season.
• Thursday, September 20 – Make your way to Downtown Hammonton and “Savor the Season” during this month’s Third Thursday. A harvest of fun awaits those who visit during the evening, which lasts from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Thursday, October 18 – A good time is in store for everyone during October’s Third Thursday “Spooktacular” Bash. Shopping, food, fun, and maybe even a few scares are in store. The thrills begin at 6.p.m.
•Saturday, October 20 – If the “Spooktacular” Bash was not enough to get you into the Halloween spirit, then be sure to bring the kids to the annual Downtown Trick-or-Treat. From 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., children will be able to trick or treat in the downtown, along with enjoying music and activities.
• Wednesday, October 24 – The Halloween fun continues with the Kiwanis Halloween Parade. Enjoy floats and much more starting at 7 p.m. The rain date is Oct. 25.
• Saturday, September 29 – You do not have to be Italian to enjoy Smithville’s annual Italian Festival — including delicious food, music and shopping. The festivities begin at 10 a.m. Rain date is Sept. 30.
• Saturday & Sunday, October 6 & 7 – If you cannot make it to Germany for Oktoberfest, than stop by for Smithville’s annual version. The two-day event will have an international food court, crafts, music, and plenty of beer. The event begins at 10 a.m. on both days.
• Saturday & Sunday, October 13 & 14 – If you are looking for a reeling good time, than the Irish Festival is the place to be. Enjoy an Irish market, kids activities, and more. The festival will begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. on Sunday.
• Saturday, October 20 – People are not the only ones planning on dressing up this Halloween, some pets are too. During Smithville’s Costume Pet Parade, cute and fluffy pets will show off their adorable costumes. The cuteness starts at 1 p.m.
• Saturday, October 27 – It’s a Monster Bash in Smithville. The Monster Bash will include a zombie walk, live music, make-up artists, and more. The terror begins at 10 a.m. Rain date is Nov. 3.
All dates and times are subject to change.
For more information on Hammonton events, please visit: www.downtownhammonton.com.
For more information on Smithville events please visit: www.historicsmithville.com.